POSITION: BREWER (FULL TIME)
Brewers are responsible for creating, producing, and packaging activities in the brewery while collaborating with their fellow Brewers, the Brewmaster, Brewery Operations Manager, and distribution/sales, and marketing department managers to ensure timely production of our brands at the highest quality standards.
• Brewing our beer brands to recipe specifications
• Recipe development and pilot batching
• Participate in onsite and offsite promotional events including but not limited to beer festivals, beer dinners, media events, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of the brewing, filtration, and packaging processes, and the ability to operate the equipment used in each process at an expert level according to standard operating procedures.
•MFive years of brewing experience in a production brewery.
• Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft software programs (word, outlook, excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Deadline oriented and must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Scheduling flexibility as some off hours, split, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts will be holidays, and travel are required.
• Analytical thinking and the ability to make situational appropriate decisions based on available facts, brewing knowledge, and experience.
• Knowledge of the brewing industry.
• Be an avid user of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- ProMash software
- Microsoft Excel
- Braukon Brewing equipment
- Kosme/Krones bottling lines
- GEA Westfalia Separators
All candidates must be highly motivated, self-starting, and able to work without supervision. Some weekends, evenings and holidays are required.